Thursday, August 07, 2008

Devil Persian


Maddy likes the hammock! Usually only little kittens like the hammock, but Maddie loves it. I must say, she lives up to the look she's giving in this photo. She is the classic tortie, rather bipolar. I can go into the cage (it is a walk in) and pet her, but I have to be careful. I can't scruff her because, as my arm scratches attest, she's a mad rabbit kicker and ignores the scruff. You know the type! So I have to wrap her in a towel or a pillow case to handle her. I had her in a pillow case the other evening. She wiggled up near my ear. In some other story I might write: "I could feel her soft sweet breath in my ear..." But this time, I was thinking..."Holy shit I hope she does not take my ear off!"

Even Grissom is getting tired of her temper. He gave her a warning growl tonite, she'd better listen, he outweighs her 3 to 1. She had just drawn blood from me, I wasn't going to defend her. I swear she was playing with the feather toy earlier this evening - could have been she was eating the feathers, imagining it was me - but one can hope.

Bedazzled is doing well. Her fever finally broke today. I had her at the vets every morning for the last 3 days getting her IV fluid therapy. At one point her temp was 104.7 for two days. She's now down to 101 and she ate for the first time today since Sunday. I gave her some mirtazapine to help stimulate her appetite. She's in with Lacey and together they are sleeping with and pottying the kittens. Neither has milk (unfortunately) - so I will be up again in 4 hours. Labor of love...labor of love...

No comments: