Monday, January 05, 2009

Chehalis, WA Show Jan 3 - great show

Blondie (aka Legally Blonde, aka Sugar Rush) continues to wow the judges. This has been overwhelming for me since 2008 pretty much SUCKED from a breeders perspective. She is my first home grown success and I'm just so pleased with her. She picked up 4 of 6 finals this weekend at a CFA show in Chehalis WA. Two of the judges awarded her 2nd best allbreed! That means she was better than 51 other kittens, wow...just...wow. She loves showing, and even did well being shown by someone other than me. I met Jan Mellinger of Spellbinding on New Years day. She is going to take Dramatails WALL-E in exchange for 2 girls of hers. Hopefully we'll see some good variety here at Dramatails in 2009.
1/20/09 note - I did not notice that Blondie's registration number was missing from the catalog so we will not get credit for these points. So disappointing.

Sammy did not attend the show. I found a painful sore on his tail, likely due to a "stud tail" infection. I've never seen it before. I've put some ointment on it and it is much better. I will continue to show him and hope that his fluffy tail will cover up his little bald spot. I received a lot of advice this weekend so lets hope that the hair starts to grow back soon. Next show is this weekend in Lodi, CA with Cassie and Blondie.

No comments: