Saturday, February 21, 2009

Longview, WA - February 21

It is in these types of shows where I am greatly humbled and I am ever learning, still. I took Seamus and Blondie to a 6 ring show in Longview. Seamus, of course, took home 5 finals from 6 judges and had a really good time. Blondie, just had a good time, and picked up one lonely final. In my opinion her muzzle is lacking. I personally like the fleshy muzzle of the British Shorthair and American Shorthair on my Selkirks. Other people may disagree and think they are too big, but I like them, and apparently the judges like them too. While Blondie has magnificent boning, size, structure, and color - she also has a pointy nose. Her curl too, inherited from her parents, is very fluffy, and not a ton of defined curl. If she's anything like her dad, her curl will come in next winter. So here we sit in 7th place officially. Unofficially we are in 4th place - but that is because of the 140 points we will never recover.

1 comment:

Rina said...

I think the muzzle is one more thing that makes the Selkirks unique in the cat world. Also, the "fleshy matchbox" gives them a very kissable look, I love that! :o)
Cheers from Austria
Serina
Pointilistic Selkirks